facilities use Medical Staffing Companies/Agencies due to
one or more of the following reasons:
- Most healthcare facilities receive applications in large
quantities. It often takes a long time for them to process
applications - upto a month after the advertisement. If
a position has to be filled quickly the facility will ask
a medical staffing company.
- Medical Staffing Companies are more economical when a
few slots are to be filled, advertising is expensive for
filling 2-3 positions.
- The best candidates do not respond to advertisements.
They are often too busy to respond. The nurse recruiter
is employed to seek out a satisfied employee and tempt him
with the job offer.
- Some healthcare facilities prefer to have low administration
and outsource recruitment substantially, they let nurse
recruiters handle the entire activity.
As a candidate, you can use nurse recruiters in the following
- Register in the database - this is usually better than
broadcasting your resume to several companies. This will
give you a chance when companies are in a hurry to recruit
or need a few people.
- Respond to specific advertisements - if a consultant has
advertised specific jobs for a specific company - it is
most likely that they have been assigned to carry out the
job on behalf of the company. It is best to respond to these
advertisements if you are interested in the specific company
- the company itself may not advertise or even process your
resume quickly if the resume is sent directly to them.
- Respond to a nurse recruiters overtures - if a nurse recruiters
writes to you or makes attempts to contact you inviting
you to meet and discuss - do respond - you might be missing
the best opportunity in the market. However, ask the nurse
recruiters to describe the opportunity over the phone or
email before meeting. If there is no specific opportunity
- your resume will go in a database.